Tuesday 15 July 2014

Little Princess Birthday Card

Last year we started a "family tradition" of making handmade birthday cards for each other. With five children's birthdays throughout the year, we certainly have plenty of opportunities for making them! Today is my little princess's 3rd birthday, but I've been busy knitting her a teddy bear, and I have run out of time to make one (I cheated and made it on Serif's CraftsArtist so she still had one made by me, but that's not "totally" handmade, is it?)

So I have let my 9 yr old daughter lose with my crafting stash, and asked her to make a birthday card for her little sister all by herself, from scratch, completely unsupervised. This is her result:

OK, I may have helped a little bit - the stamp is from Crafter's Companion Angelica range, the flower is from Spellbinders, but the rest is all her doing. I am especially proud of her colouring with Spectrum Noir pens - it just shows you anybody can learn with the right tools!

Spectrum Noir pens used:
Hair: GB2, GB8
Skin: TN1, TN2
Dress: TB1, TB2, TB3

No comments:

Post a Comment